Saturday, June 7, 2008

Windowpanes '09.....I'm There

I've decided to write something for next years Windowpanes.
Yes.
I will explore my poetic passion.


~.Race.~
Race can be defined as many things.
But what is it to you?
To me.
To all.
Is it human race?
Or race divided by color?
Based on the way that we perceive each other.
Conflicts in history over this same subject.
Most of which I firmly object.
Spilling blood and scarring souls.
Learning nothing of the past.
Some respond like Ghandi and just fast.
Others take matters into their own hands, but it doesn't last.
But then again how could it?
Generations come and go.
Meaning of the word race goes to and fro.
Tossed around as if people don't even know the weight it carries.
But I know.
And I say race is what you want it to mean.
And for me it means unity.
You and me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude thats pretty good

look forward to reading that in the windowpanes

JASON said...

I am going to write something in Windowpanes next year 2. We should make a tag team poem!!

juzpLAyinball said...

thanks brian

and aright jason maybe we should do that
we should have done it this yr!!
o well

Anonymous said...

very nice bro...poetic genius.