Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Sounds

I just received 2 new albums in the mail today and gave them a listen with high anticipation.

1) "Black Patch War" EP - Common Market
I fuckin love Common Market after I heard their first album, which was on non stop rotation in the headphones for months after I bought it. I think this EP and the actual album, "Tobacco Road" keep the quality of good music that RA Scion and Sabzi are known to produce. Definitely give this a listen.
Favorite track: Watership Down

2) "The Short List: A Beat Tape" - Dert
I actually just recently found out about Dert online and after listening to some of his tracks decided to buy his album. Its strictly an instrumental tape describing various relationships with women he's had and the emotions that came with it. I think its legit. Give it a spin. Be open.
Favorite Track: Dancin Butterfly 5

No comments: